Monday 5 January 2009

Alrigh, we're on air

G'day, hi there, guten tag, and welcome to my new site devoted entirely to trashy war movies from the Philippines! Glad you could make it, I'll try and make your stay a multo pleasanto one!

This isn't really going to be an ordinary blog where I update you with fun stuff from my hectic life but mostly just reviews and features on as many of these movies as I can get hold of.

As you can see there's hardly any reviews here yet. The thing is I wanted to write up a dozen reviews before the launch but as it happens there's a thread on war movies going over at Dvdmaniacs message board and so I thought the timing was right to put the news out on this baby. All success in business depends on how you advertise your shit, haha.

I must admit it's tempting to write about other exiting over-the-top and no-holds-barred movies from the Philippines, Indonesia and Hong Kong. God knows there's enough of them but I figured that hardly anybody... actually change that to NOBODY... has dedicated homepages/sites to Filipino war movies. It's simply an overlooked genre. There's 6 billion sites out there devoted to horror movies, giallo movies, old movies, Asian movies, what-have-you movies, etc, etc. Everything except trashy war movies from the 'Pines. The only reviewers that I'm aware of who actually cover these movies (sucking them up like milk, LOL) are Fred Adelman who covers them for his Critical Condition zine (Fred's a true zine editor, he's been doing CritCon since... 1982!!!) and Andrew Leavold on his "Search for Weng Weng" blog.

Anyway, I think that's enough for now. Do check in from time to time, I'll try and keep a steady update.

And lastly, big thank you's go out to the dozen or so people who've already congratulated me with this new abomination. Cheers mates! I'll try and make you proud. Maybe you'll just be sorry. Whatever, haha.

Yours truly
Jack J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, we have a comment filter now! It seems most comments these days come from shit spammers in India so there you go.