Sunday 25 October 2009

CANNIBAL MERCENARY (Thailand) 1983

Fred Anderson just posted a review of this film on his blog and it occurred to me that I've completely forgotten to post the review of the film that I forced Günter Müller to send me several months ago. Haha. So, anyway, here it is. Günter used to run thee best site to cover Asian movies from, well, from what I like to call "Asia's backyard", i.e. not martial arts films or ordinary present day Asian cinema but the wild and crazy stuff that you've only read about in old deleted fanzines from yesteryear. 95% of those films are NON-AVAILABLE on DVD but even so my good buddy Günter tracked them down and reviewed them!

Like I said, unfortunately he decided to discontinue his site a couple of years ago and it's even the more unfortunate that he used a crappy free service to host his site on. Needless to say it's gone by now. Boo-hoo. All those tons of great reviews. Gone forever (well, unless I convince mr. Müller he should send 'em all to me and let ME reanimate his "WEIRD ASIA" but until that happens here is at least (and long last) his review for CANNIBAL MERCENARY.



For the updated post with Günter Müller's review go here.


4 comments:

  1. A great and gory and crazy and fun film. I loved every demented second of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we all!! Don't we all!! xD

    There really OUGHT to be a proper DVD release of this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And as both me and Günter Müller wrote, it has some very good acting to. This Lek-guy was great, and I really wonder in what other movie I've seen him in....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're absolutely right, it had good acting in it! Sometimes you get a real surprise with some of these movies. I watched the Filipino war flick MAD KILLER last night but instead of a trashy film with cartoon characters it had totally deep and well written character developments!
    I'm afraid I can't help you with that "Lek-guy" as I'm not really an expert on Thai cinema.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, we have a comment filter now! It seems most comments these days come from shit spammers in India so there you go.