Sunday 17 October 2010

Lost soldiers in the jungle... or at least lost POST in the (mail) jungle!

I bought three rare Japanese tapes recently from my mate David Z of TOMB IT MAY CONCERN blog (and countless other blogs). Dave (in the US) sent off the tapes and on October 1st (my birthday even) I received ... not the parcel mind you... but two notes from the postie. Well, off to the post office where I got ONE, count them O-N-E, parcel! They simply couldn't find other parcel which... I'm sure you've already figured this out... was the one from David. The one I did get (a Kara Murat tape from Germany) was there alright and the post office lady speculated that maybe the postman had been a confused mess and written TWO notes for the same (German) parcel. In other words, David's parcel might still be in transit somewhere between here and there. Well, cut to the chase, after a two week nerve wrecking/nail biting wait I finally received a letter from the post people on Friday saying they'd finally found my parcel. In their own storage room! Misplaced!! But unharmed. Unbroken. Unstolen. What wonders one still lives to experience. HAHA. I went and picked it up yesterday and I'm happy as happy can be it wasn't lost for good.

The tapes are: COMMANDER (aka The Last American Soldier), DEADLY IMPACT, and BROTHERS IN BLOOD. David Z and Paul Cooke have written about all three films in their cool book "Tough to Kill". I'd also like to send out a round of applause to David for the extra stuff he chucked in the packet; the Bruno Mattei DVD THE TOMB and the subtitled and full version of Antonio Margheriti's YOR, HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE TV series. Pure aceness! :D

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jack


    Glad it ended happily - wonder if this is what happened to you-know-what?!


    Karlos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.
    Could be I guess. It's just weird. Letters don't normally disappear.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, we have a comment filter now! It seems most comments these days come from shit spammers in India so there you go.