Wednesday 27 April 2011

Ahh, it's nice to be mentioned! xD xD xD



Thanks to Simon over at EXPLOSIVE ACTION this here wee blog of mine has made it to YouTube! YAY!! SPIFFY!!!

I must confess I've mainly used YouTube for watching the odd trailer and old interviews. However, one thing I haven't really done much out of is checking peoples' own "TV channels" uplinked from their bedroom/living room/lounge room/loo (!!) so I've been living in happy (i.e. daft!) ignorance of the fact that Simon over at EXPLOSIVE ACTION blog for quite some time has been doing one such TV channel (do you even call it TV channel? YouTube channel? YouTube show? Well, whatever, you know wha' ahm talkin' abou'!). Now, after having discovered Simon's channel I've been checking out his shows aplenty and the episodes sure are fun to watch.

If you weren't interested in action and trashy war movies you might not care for the show as action and trashy films is ALL that it's about (pretty much like this here blog) plus what goes with the territory; Talks about TV set-ups, new book cases (or rather DVD/VHS cases), laserdisc run-thru's, whathaveyou!! Brilliant stuff, Simon, mate! I'm sure most girlies and art-house fiends would find it a tad, ahm, too nerdy - what else would you call making 50 videos about the joys of having received yet another parcel that contains old smelly nicotine stained ex-rental video tapes, haha. Well, I'm there too so I know what THAT'S like. Anyway, keep up the fun video, buddy!

Anyway, as I mentioned at the beginning Simon has been a good (grand!) sport and gave us (that's a royal "us") a plug here at the trashy Filipino war blog. Much appreciated!!!

Watch the video in the above - and also check out the other uploads from EXPLOSIVE ACTION while you're at it!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow man thanks for the massive plug! If it wasn't for your blog I wouldn't be collecting Japanese VHS, it's as simple as that. I owe you huge thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will also want to know that buckaroobonzai has started making videos as of yesterday! Check out his insanely huge VHS collection here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/buckaroobanzai

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. :D
    And ta for the link. I just checked both videos. Cool stuff! I might post them here later to get the word out. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, Simon, you may not have noticed but I actually first posted your video already back in March. It was on another blog though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hadn't noticed! I've only been following this blog. Well now I'm following your other one as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it wasn't to advertise my other blog, haha. The "Lejemorder" blog is just all kindsa crap. I also do "Backyard Asia" (link in the blog roll).

    ReplyDelete

Yes, we have a comment filter now! It seems most comments these days come from shit spammers in India so there you go.