Saturday 10 December 2011

Two times NAM ANGELS!

Cirio H. Santiago's film NAM ANGELS from 1989:




Jack Starrett's film THE LOSERS (re-released on VHS as NAM ANGELS) from 1968:



Both films were shot in the Philippines and both films are about a group of Hell's Angels bikers who take their bikes to the Vietnam War to kick ass (that's my understanding anyway but so far I haven't actually watched either of the films, LOL). The Santiago film is available on DVD from Roger Corman's eBay store and THE LOSERS is out on DVD from Dark Sky and is available from Amazon.


Thanks to Simon for the tip on the Santiago film (but I already knew about it, lol).

4 comments:

  1. Both are great flicks for what they are! But the 1989 version is the one i prefer. I believe the whole Hell's Angels take on the gooks in Vietnam was based on a letter that the leader of the gang send to Lyndon Johnson saying that they want to go to the war but do it with full autonomy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Snake! Thanks for your comment, mate! I've ordered the DVD of the 1989 version and I certainly look forward to watching it. I've got the other one on VHS and just need to watch it. :D

    Yeah, I heard someone else mention that about the real Hell's Angels. Gee, can you imagine if Lyndon Johnson had actually said, "Sure, we need all the help we can get". Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnson lost the opportunity to end the war not going for this! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Yes, we have a comment filter now! It seems most comments these days come from shit spammers in India so there you go.