Wednesday 1 September 2010

Backyard Asia

From time to time I've wanted to write about Filipino films what were made during the same period as the trashy Vietnam War flicks which this blog is dedicated to. And some of them even star the same actors but even so I always feel they don't belong here as they're not, well, trashy Vietnam War flicks. Once in a while I've included them anyway but it's slightly annoying cos it's messing up my plan of only having trashy war movies here, LOL.



So what to do? What to do?

Well, you open a new blog dedicated towards the other films OBVIOUSLY!! Haha.

So if you've got ANY interest in world-weird cinema from around the world and especially Asia (but despite the blog title it won't be EXCLUSIVELY about Asian films!) then go check out my new site Backyard Asia!!

The reason I'm calling it Backyard Asia is I don't wanna focus on new (or old) well known genre films. No Godzillas, no kung-fu movies, and no J-horror. I don't have anything against those types of movies but they're simply too well known and, eh, dare I say trendy to want to write about (well, unless they're different and weird to the norm of those genres in some way!). Sure, I could write about them but if you do a random search I'm sure you'll come up with 50 (at least) reviews of GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS.

No, I want to write about the unusual weirdness buried in Asia's backyard. The centipede horrors, the black magic with buddha legends, the Turkish vigilante crime fighters, the evil Turkish superheroes, and not least the stories of wild snake queens of Indonesia.

I don't have very much stuff there yet but there's enough for you to check out this afternoon me thinks! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, we have a comment filter now! It seems most comments these days come from shit spammers in India so there you go.