Sunday 5 September 2010

More awesome tips in the field of SPIFFY vhs tapes that contain nothing but trashy Filipino flicks! :D

"Leathernecks" on Japanese VHS

But firstly a big CONGRATS goes out to whoever ran off with the Japanese video release of LEATHERNECKS which has been up for auction on a certain British ex pat's eBay store in Japan the past week and which ended tonight. I went along to the 30 dollar mark but got left behind and the tape went for $36 (damn bills! And I'm thinking do I really need to eat all that food. Had I cut down and only had meals every second day I'd probably been able to win that tape. Bloody hell! Hahaha). The interesting thing about this particular tape (other than its being Japanese which - as you know if you've followed this blog for a while - means a better/stronger tape and picture quality) this tape was listed as being in the widescreen format. However, if that means the tape is fully letterboxed or whathaveyou I don't know. But like I said congratulations to the unknown winner. It's not like I'm in grave need of the tape as I already have the very nice Dutch VHS (see cover scan here) (which by the way is also slightly lbx so it may very well be the same version as on the Japanese tape!) but, auv, you know... Japanese video tapes! Luv 'em! ^o^

Auctions for Filipino (and related) movies on VHS that are running at the moment:

A Bridge to Hell
by Umberto Lenzi, Italy, 1986.
Greek VHS (PAL system). Only $7 starting bid. 20 hrs left. Greek seller.

A Taste of Hell
Philippines, 1973 (actually set in WWII not the VW)
US VHS (NTSC). Greek seller. I have a copy of this tape and the picture quality is excellent! 20 hrs to go.

SFX Retaliator
Philippines, 1987, Chris Mitchum.
Not an auction! Price: 7 bucks! Greek PAL VHS. Greek seller.

Classified Operation
Philippines, 1985, dir: Rey Malonzo. Greek PAL VHS.
Not an auction! Price: $10. Greek seller.

Vampire Hookers
Philippines 1978. US NTSC VHS. No, this isn't trashy war but it IS from Filipino director Cirio H. Santiago. LOL. Big box (the seller mentions the cardboard box is intact and in good condition).
Not an auction. Price: $10. Greek seller.


PS: Don't complain to me if anything goes wrong with these auctions/trades. I have nothing to do with them nor do the sellers even know I link to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, we have a comment filter now! It seems most comments these days come from shit spammers in India so there you go.